Thursday, October 9, 2008

What is your "chocolate"?

Here is a short list of my favorite "chocolate" things that I like to indulge in: (Hobbies)

10. I love snowboarding. My board is always ready to cut an edge in beautiful mountain snow. It is breathtaking sitting at the top of the mountain looking out over what God has created. My equipment: Palmer snowboard; Burton Cartel Bindings; Northface Jacket; Red by Burton Helmet; Spyder gloves; Airwalk Boots. (Black Pants)

9. Reading. I love to read as well as write for that matter. It seems tough at times to read, but some of my favorite reads as of late have been, "Red Letters" by Tom Davis; "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan and I am currently reading about 10 different books.

8. I love music and I like to read about music and music culture. Spin magazine, Rolling Stone, Texas Music etc. all seem to find a place in my reading time.

7. Fishing. I stink at fishing, but there really is so much peace that comes from being beside a mountain stream trying to entice a rainbow to bite the end of your line. By the way, I am the self-proclaimed fish whisperer. Hey, he who begs and prays receives, right?

6. Sitting and playing guitar. I bug my wife because I am not very good and infact I play scales all the time with some blues bends and jazz tones. I truly enjoy the sound of the guitar and men that can really make it sing-- Frank Zappa and Jimi fall into this category. I have a Sigma Martin acoustic and a Gibson Hummingbird acoustic. Also I own a Squire Strat and a 212 Peavey Classic Tube Amp.

5. Video Games. I am currently not playing any major games. I did play this MMORPG World of Warcraft. I am a nerd, I know!!! My characters are resting in cyberspace retirement for a while and I honestly have not missed them. My main character is a Level 70 UD Rogue that is combat specced to maces with (at this point) out of date gear I am sure. I admit... GEEK, I am.

4. Sports Cards. This was a hobby of mine that I have done from my middle school days. I love the Cubs, Indians, and Raiders. My Favorite players include: Bill Bates, Micheal Jordan, Derek Jeter, Jimmy Rollins, Tim Brown, Randall Cunningham, Nolan Ryan, Wes Welker, Tom Brady, Kevin Garnett, Ivan Rodriguez, Joe Montana, Dennis Gentry, Neal Anderson, Kerry Wood, Alfonso Soriano, Paul Pierce, Hershcel Walker, Art Monk, Ryne Sandberg, Derrek Lee, Matt Holliday, Chris Paul, David Robinson, Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler, Lebron James, Gilbert Arenas, Manny Ramirez, Dustin Pedroia, Rocco Baldelli, C.C. Sabathia, Brad Muster, Kenneth Gant, Jerry Rice, Shawn Kemp, Darvin Ham, John Lackey, Justin Verlander, Cody Ross, Hunter Pence, Eric Byrnes, Reggie Bush, Cornelius Bennett, Steve Smith, Steve Nash, Freddy Adu, Thierry Henry, Lawrence Taylor, Ronnie Lott, Chuck Cecil, Larry Bird, Scottie Pippen... to name a few. But my two all time favorite players are Bo Jackson and George Herman "Babe" Ruth.

There will, in my honest opinion, never be another athlete like Bo Jackson. I could watch a replay of him running over "the Boz" all day!

Babe Ruth was and will always be baseball. From Boston to New York, he was a boy among men, that became a giant. 714 lifetime homeruns.

4. Shoes. I am a shoe nut, and for a time I went through a phase of buying Air Jordan's. The best pair of shoes in my collection are a pair of 1985 original "AJKO" Jordan's. They are the coolest shoes on the planet.

3. As I mentioned earlier I like video games and I have a small video game collection that includes: Final Fantasy 1 for the nes, Chrono Trigger snes, Mega Man 7 snes, Mega Man X snes, Pirates Gold sega genesis, and some others. Old console games are the best-- with Tecmo Super Bowl nes and Contra nes being some of the best games made.

2. T-Shirts. I have always enjoyed wearing t-shirts and I love to collect them. My mom and I always enjoy going to secondhand stores and thrift stores and a lot of my t-shirts came from thrift stores. One of the best shirts I have ever owned was an Action Rent-to-own shirt from Abilene. The best shirt I own now is a Monks Coffee shirt from Abilene. My favorite shirt now is a shirt that I made for Mountain View Christian Camp.

1. My favorite hobby now is walking along the beach on Mustang Island with my family. We hunt for shells and avoid jelly fish as well as just relax and soak in the beauty that is God's work.
My Wife, Daughter, and pup Sophie are some great beach bums to hang out with.

No comments: